[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Samba3

Raj Seenivasan myacc at roundbox.com
Tue Sep 18 19:48:47 UTC 2007

I have 2 questions to ask. I searched the list and couldn't find
anything related...

1. Is there a way to setup samba and FDS on 2 different boxes and use
FDS as the backend for samba?
FDS wiki (http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Samba) has
instructions to setup both samba and fds on the same box.
What special steps needs to be done if on 2 different boxes?

2. I had setup samba+fds on a single box and password syncing works
only one way.
FDS --> Samba sync is not working. Passwords changed using smbpasswd
gets synced with fds.
Am I missing something?

Thanks.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message and any attachments contain proprietary and privileged information of Roundbox, Inc., which are provided for the sole and confidential use of the intended recipients.  Any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is restricted and must comply with the nondisclosure agreement between Roundbox, Inc. and you (or your company).  All other uses are prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and promptly delete and otherwise destroy all copies of the message and its attachments.