[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Solaris Client Question

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 22:30:22 UTC 2007

Jeremiah Coleman wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 13:53 -0700, Marc Sauton wrote:
>
>> Jeremiah Coleman wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to set up a Solaris 10 client with FDS (all my linux clients
>>> are working beautifully), but authentication is acting very strange.
>>> Monitoring the net traffic, I can see the Solaris system bind, search
>>> for info about the username, get a normal response, but then it just
>>>

>> Not sure for the "normal" reponse.
>>

> The client asks for the posixAccount info, and gets all that is
> available, then asks for the shadowAccount info, and gets the uid (same
> as the linux clients).  Repeats this a couple of times, then stops.
>

>> If the rootbinddn in /etc/ldap.conf and associated pw or file
>> permissions are correct, what about a "getent passwd" and logs or trace ?
>>
>>> unbinds.  It never asks to authenticate a password.  My configuration is
>>> below.
>>>

> I'm using Solaris 10 native, not OpenLDAP.  No /etc/ldap.conf.  Would I
> be better off switching to OpenLDAP?  getent passwd gives me a passwd
> file list from the ldap server, with x instead of actual passwords.

If getent shows the non local uid's, the failed ssh login could be
related to your pam client configuration or to a service not running on
the client ? (client system logs should provide you some hints)
M.
> As for logs, I've been unable to find a way to get the authentication
> stuff to log effectively.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>

>> May want to restart / sighup your sshd to get the last configurations.
>> System logs and getent  could confirm the uid is found, to eliminate the
>> nss_ldap part.
>>
>>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> ldap_client_file:
>>> NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0
>>> NS_LDAP_SERVERS= fds1.wherever.com
>>> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=wherever,dc=com
>>> NS_LDAP_AUTH= simple
>>> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_REF= TRUE
>>> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_SCOPE= one
>>> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_TIME= 30
>>> NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 43200
>>> NS_LDAP_PROFILE= default
>>> NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= proxy
>>> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= passwd: ou=People,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
>>> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= group: ou=group,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
>>> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= shadow: ou=People,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
>>> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= netgroup: ou=netgroup,dc=wherever,dc=com?one