[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Samba3

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 02:44:26 UTC 2007

Hi Raj

I believe it should be possible to setup samba and Fedora Directory Server
on Different boxes.

For example

if i have setup Fedora directory server on one box and if it's called
ldap.example.com

and samba on different box say samba.example.com

then my smb.conf would have below entries, i am just providing only those
entries where we have to mention the ldap server name.
[global]
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldap.example.com
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://ldap.example.com

And if you are using samba.schema and idealx scripts, then your
smbldap.confwould contain

slaveLDAP="<ip-address-of slave-ldap-server of Fedora Directory Server"
# If not defined, parameter is set to "389"
slavePort="389"
masterLDAP="ldap.example.com/Ip-address-of-fedora directory server"
masterPort="389"

I hope the above helps.

Regards
Niranjan