[Fedora-directory-users] question about SSL configuration with IP takeover HA setup

Ryan Braun Ryan.Braun at ec.gc.ca
Fri Sep 21 16:14:01 UTC 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007 21:36, George Holbert wrote:

Ok so I managed to create a new certificate using subjectAltName extenstions,
and it works as advertised.  I can run ldapsearchs on eastldap on both
eastldap0.

Now my question is for generating certs for the other servers.  Now that I
have the CA cert on eastldap0,  I would assume I need to install the CA on
each additional server.  Can I just copy and paste the cacert.asc into the
manage certificate wizard?

Then I would generate new certs for each server.  Now do I need to generate
the certs all from eastldap0?  or once the CA cert is installed on the rest
of the boxes,  am I able to generate the required certs on each box?  Is it
generally a good idea to keep all the cert creation in a central location?

And for the clients,  all they need is the one cacert.asc to be able to
encrypt comms with each server?

Thanks

Ryan