[Fedora-directory-users] white space at the end of attributes that refuses to go away

Eddie C edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:37:03 UTC 2007

I am having an issue that may be related to multi-master replication,
or it may be related to a non viewable ascii value in an attribute.

We have a custom schema. We have a multivalued attribute
departalloweddomain

 this attribute has three values inside it.
  "a.com"
  "b.com  "
  "c.com "

My goal is to remove the trailing white space. Which may be a space or
a weird character.

I have tried deleting the individual values and re-adding them.
I attempted to delete the entire attribute and re-add.

The value keeps appearing like so.

  "b.com  "

Any ideas on how to clean this up. We do thousands of add and remove
operations a day and this has happened a few times.