[Fedora-directory-users] Active Directory Password Question

Dusty Herrman djh5983 at ksu.edu
Thu Sep 27 16:08:13 UTC 2007

I work for a University where Microsoft and Unix/Linux products are both
heavily present.  We currently have both MS Active Directory servers and
OpenLDAP servers.    We are currently looking at upgraded both of these
technologies.

Currently we store all the user's passwords in LDAP (encrypted).  Using
the "Windows Sync" feature of Fedora DS, is there a way to push the
encrypted passwords into Active Directory?  Or is it only a AD -> LDAP
password push?

Thanks in advance,

Dusty Herrman
KEAS Authentication/Directory Engineer