[Fedora-directory-users] Active Directory Password Question

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Thu Sep 27 18:52:14 UTC 2007

Dusty - The password encryption format is different in FD and AD, so the
passwords can't be ported directly from one to the other.  Windows Sync makes
it possible to synchronize passwords automatically, but it doesn't work until
the user changes his or her password.  After that, password changes on either
system are replicated to the other.  One way to deal with this is to force
each user to change his or her AD password shortly after you bring up the
Windows Sync agreement.   -Glenn.