[Fedora-directory-users] fds vs passsync vs AD

Paolo Barbato paolo.barbato at igi.cnr.it
Fri Sep 28 14:00:02 UTC 2007

Thanks for reply, but I suspect I'm facing a different problem.

Talking about SSL.

As far as I understand SSL is used both for passync (AD -> FDS) and
replication agreement (AD <-> FDS). Note two different tasks.

In first case work cert.db8 certificates. I've installed on both AD
and FDS, my CA certificate and FDS server certificate. Passync works
without  a hic. When I change pasword from windows it's exactly set
on FDS.

Replication agreement is based on cert.db8 on FDS and MS architecture
on AD, I mean that I make use of mmc to install CA and AD server
signed certificate.

Replication seems also work, since I see that AD and FDS users are
"merged" in one (almost) identical list.  So users that were in AD
are created on FDS and viceversa, with (almost) all parameters setted.

My problem arise when from a linux machine authenticated on FDS I
issue and passwd change password. Really all seems go right, since
FDS register new password, and also AD tell me that the change has
been committed :

first event
User Account Changed:
  	Target Account Name:	barbato
  	Target Domain:	TEST
  	Target Account ID:	TEST\barbato
  	Caller User Name:	sync manager
  	Caller Domain:	TEST
  	Caller Logon ID:	(0x0,0x318F76)
  	Privileges:	-
  Changed Attributes:
  	Sam Account Name:	-
  	Display Name:	-
  	User Principal Name:	-
  	Home Directory:	-
and after a while a second security event:

User Account password set:
  	Target Account Name:	barbato
  	Target Domain:	TEST
  	Target Account ID:	TEST\barbato
  	Caller User Name:	sync manager
  	Caller Domain:	TEST
  	Caller Logon ID:	(0x0,0x318F76)

But when I try to log on AD with this new password AD tell me that
I'm usinig the wrong one. Note that also the previous doesn't work,
and this confirm that it has been really changed.

Anybody has faced this ? Some other things to look into ?

Regards,
Paolo.

ITALY                      JabberID: rfx_paolo_barbato at messenger.efda.org