[Fedora-directory-users] configuration prob with fedora-idm-console.bat

Carol Gibbons cgibbons at tahc.state.tx.us
Thu Apr 10 21:25:25 UTC 2008

I've seen where other folks have had this problem with the Windows Admin
Console setup and it's perplexing. Any reasons why I can't get this
application to launch? It keeps coming up with set your java PATH error.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have installed JRE 1.6.0_05

Thanks,
Carol

Here's my fedora-idm-console.bat with my modifications:

echo off
rem BEGIN COPYRIGHT BLOCK
rem Copyright (C) 2005 Red Hat, Inc.
rem All rights reserved.
rem
rem This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
rem modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
rem License as published by the Free Software Foundation version
rem 2.1 of the License.
rem

rem This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
rem but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
rem MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
rem Lesser General Public License for more details.
rem

rem You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
rem License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
rem Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA
rem END COPYRIGHT BLOCK

rem set the JAVA to use here
rem set JAVA=

if not "%JAVA%foo"=="foo" goto launch

where java > nul 2>&1 || goto findjre

set JAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\java.exe

:findjre
rem look for Java Runtime Environment in registry
reg QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" > nul 2>&1 ||
goto findjdk

rem can we grab the java location from the registry?
rem set JAVA=
rem apparently not, in a batch file
rem goto launch
echo The Java Runtime Environment is installed on this machine, but the
echo command java.exe is not in your PATH.  You can either make sure java.exe
echo is in the PATH, or edit this script to set JAVA to the full path of
echo java.exe
pause
goto end

:findjdk
reg QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit" > nul 2>&1 || goto
nojava

rem can we grab the java location from the registry?
rem set JAVA=
rem goto launch
echo The Java Development Kit is installed on this machine, but the
echo command java.exe is not in your PATH.  You can either make sure java.exe
echo is in the PATH, or edit this script to set JAVA to the full path of
echo java.exe
pause
goto end

:nojava
echo Java does not appear to be installed on this machine.  Please download
and install the Java Runtime Environment and make sure the java.exe command
is in the PATH of this command.
pause
goto end

:launch
set BASEPATH=C:\Fedora Identity Management Console
set FIDMCONSOLEJARDIR=C:\Fedora Identity Management Console
set CONSOLEJARDIR=C:\Fedora Identity Management Console
set JSSDIR=C:\Fedora Identity Management Console
set LDAPJARDIR=C:\Fedora Identity Management Console

set PATH=C:\Fedora Identity Management Console;C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\java.exe
rem
rem Launch the Console
rem
echo on
"%JAVA%" "-Djava.library.path=%JSSDIR%" -cp
"%JSSDIR%\jss4.jar;%LDAPJARDIR%\ldapjdk.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%\idm-console-base.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%\idm-console-mcc.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%\idm-console-mcc_en.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%\idm-console-nmclf.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%\idm-console-nmclf_en.jar;%FIDMCONSOLEJARDIR%\fedora-idm-console_en.jar"
-Djava.util.prefs.systemRoot=%HOME%\.fedora-idm-console
-Djava.util.prefs.userRoot=%HOME%\.fedora-idm-console
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console %*

:end