[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP Sync scripts

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Apr 14 14:22:15 UTC 2008

DeMarco, Dennis wrote:

> I have an older LDAP server that I want to sync some subtrees to a newer
> one before a switchover. Is there any tools out there that can do this
> easily?

I'd recommend to do a one-step migration since daily/real-time syncing
is more work. First try to export the data from the old LDAP server as
LDIF and import it to the new one during a test-drive. If it fails then
you know how to sanitize the old data before importing it. This can be a
simple LDIF import or serious tweaking of the input data. Only you can
find out.

Ciao, Michael.