[Fedora-directory-users] could not open admin-serv-XXX-cert8.db

Richard Larson rlarson at usgs.gov
Thu Apr 17 17:18:00 UTC 2008

All;

Apologize if this has been answered and I could not find it.

Setting up a new install of Fedora DS 1.0.4 to use SSL.

Followed the Howto:SSL on the site and the original written by Ashley
Chew;  everything goes fine until it comes to initializing the admin-serv
cert8 and key dbs prior to importing the certs.

Directory server works fine but everytime I try to manage the admin serv
certificates, I get the error:  Could not open admin...cert8.db

Checked file permissions.  Alias folder is owned by nobody/nobody and
admin server is running as root.  I even chmod the alias folder just to
make sure.

Is there a flag I need to change to get the admin server to build the
initial db or maybe it's not necessary?

Thanks in advance

Rich
Rich Larson
Systems Engineer
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT)
Contractor to the USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science
47914 252nd Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57198
605.594.2795 (Phone)
605.594.6940 (Fax)
E-mail: rlarson at usgs.gov

It is apparent that no lifetime is long enough in which
to explore the resources of a few square yards of ground.
-  Alice M. Coats

NOTICE: This email may contain confidential, proprietary, or competition
sensitive bid or proposal procurement information.  Unauthorized
disclosure of
this information may carry criminal penalties as set forth in the
Procurement Integrity Act, 41 U.S.C. 423, as amended.  Further, the
unauthorized disclosure
of certain commercial information by civil servants may result in fines or
imprisonment under the Trade Secrets Act (18 U.S.C. 1905). If you have
received
this information in error, please delete it, including all copies, and
notify the sender of the error immediately.