[Fedora-directory-users] FDS logins after reboot

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 21:57:57 UTC 2008

I have FDS install on a EL 5 server.  I also have a Fedora 6 desktop and
Fedora 8 laptop.

I can reboot the F6 desktop and enter any of my users set up in FDS on
the
EL5 server and login with all their correct information.  ( I use NFS to
mount the home dirs).   This is good.

The F8 laptop is a different story.  After a reboot, I have to login as
root
and switch desktops to be able to see the FDS users.  The initial
startup
of gdm has slowed down tremendously.  I can log in as root and to a
ldapsearch  and see my FDS and all info.

If I log off root, FDS seems to go away.  I can only log in as root or
the
one user I have set up on the laptop.  Again, I log in as root, then I
can
log in as a user in FDS.

Any thoughts?

Thank you all for you help.