[Fedora-directory-users] Recover directory database files when disk fills up!

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Wed Aug 6 09:30:29 UTC 2008

Rich Megginson wrote:

[Snip]
> Ok, I see.  I'm not sure if directory server auto-recovery is possible
> with this sort of failure.  You might be able to use the berkeley db
> command line utilities to upgrade and/or recover your database files.
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/utility/index.html
> - you may have to figure out which version of bdb you are using, then
> find the appropriate documentation - rpm -qi db4 or rpm -qi db4-utils.
> You might try db2ldif to export your data, then re-import using
> ldif2db, but that would force a replication re-init anyway.
I have rebuilt the system and reinitialised the roots from the other
multi-master. The directory server looks as though it is working
properly and I can connect to the admin server from one of the other
machines that is running the older version of the code
(fedora-idm-console) but if I run the same command on the restored box
then it will not do anything just sits there having typed in the
command. How do I diagnose and fix this?

Howard.