[Fedora-directory-users] pdbedit Username not found!

Nick Gushlow nick.gushlow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:54:21 UTC 2008

Hi,
I've followed the Howto:Samba to install fds/samba on a centos5.0 box.

I keep coming across an error when I get to the pdbedit line of the howto:

pdbedit -U $( net getlocalsid | sed 's/SID for domain skysedge.co.uk is: //'
)-500 -u Administrator -r
Username not found!

I'm not sure what I've done wrong and going through the howtow I can't see
where I've messed up.  Wherever it is I've done it consistently because this
is the second time I've tried.

ldapsearch shows Administrator does exist:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=Administrator)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Administrator, People, skysedge.co.uk
dn: uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=skysedge,dc=co,dc=uk
uid: Administrator
cn: Samba Admin
givenName: Samba
sn: Admin