[Fedora-directory-users] pdbedit Username not found!

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:20:08 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 3:24 AM, Nick Gushlow <nick.gushlow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've followed the Howto:Samba to install fds/samba on a centos5.0 box.
>
> I keep coming across an error when I get to the pdbedit line of the howto:
>

> pdbedit -U $( net getlocalsid | sed 's/SID for domain skysedge.co.uk is:
> //' )-500 -u Administrator -r
> Username not found!

what does "pdbedit -Lv username"  shows

> I'm not sure what I've done wrong and going through the howtow I can't see
> where I've messed up.  Wherever it is I've done it consistently because this
> is the second time I've tried.
>
> ldapsearch shows Administrator does exist:
>
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> with scope subtree
> # filter: (uid=Administrator)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # Administrator, People, skysedge.co.uk
> dn: uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=skysedge,dc=co,dc=uk
> uid: Administrator
> cn: Samba Admin
> givenName: Samba
> sn: Admin
> mail: Administrator at skysedge.co.uk
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: top
> loginShell: /bin/bash
> uidNumber: 0
> gidNumber: 0
> homeDirectory: /root
> gecos: Samba Admin

I don't see any samba object classes included,   If you have configured
samba with LDAP backend (FDS), Your user's LDAP information would typically
look like

dn: uid=tom,ou=Users,dc=syroidmanor,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: sambaAccount
cn: tom
uid: tom
uidNumber: 500
gidNumber: 100
homeDirectory: /hometom
loginShell: /bin/bash
gecos: User
userPassword:: e1NTSEF9bWxBL1RHZFNoTkREEWlGTndZOFlCWUVUdWp3MGgrbTc=
lmPassword: 552902031BEDE9EFAAD3B435B51404EE
pwdCanChange: 0
pwdMustChange: 2147483647
ntPassword: 878D8014606CDA29677A44EFA1353FC7
pwdLastSet: 1010179230