[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora dS Serv Admin on RHEL4

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 15:07:34 UTC 2008

tsagnimorte at elv.enic.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed a FDS 1.0.4 on my RHEL4.
I'm assuming you installed the FC3/RHEL4 binary rpm?
> The slpad server is good,
> but I have a problem when I want to start the Admin Server.

When you ran setup, did it complete successfully with no error
messages?  Check /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/logs for errors too.
> Here is wath I get in return of start-admin command:
>
> ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so' from
> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
> ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so' from
> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
> Syntax error on line 150 of
> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into
> server: /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: cannot open
>

> What would cause this issue? I don't find any info on the web.

grep HTTPD start-admin
Then, see if that executable exists - it should be /usr/sbin/httpd.worker
Then, do ldd /usr/sbin/httpd.worker - do you see any libldap* in the output?
do /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so and
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so exist?