[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora dS Serv Admin on RHEL4

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 17:58:20 UTC 2008

tsagnimorte at elv.enic.fr wrote:
> Yes, I installed FC3/RHEL4 x86_64.
>
> At the end of the installation, I have just a message that said it
> can't start admin-serv (and the explaination is the same with
> libssl3.so and libldap60.so).
>
> I do grep HTTPD start-admin and I have
> HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd.worker
>     /usr/bin/ldd $HTTPD 2>&1 | grep libldap > /dev/null 2>&1 &&
> hasol=1
> $HTTPD -k start -d $ADMSERV_ROOT -f $ADMSERV_ROOT/config/httpd.conf
> "$@"
>
> In ldd /usr/sbin/httpd.worker I find "libldap-2.2.so.7"
>
> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so and
> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so are present and it's the
> same for /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so
>
> Maybe it's a problem with 64bit and the lib?

I just don't know.  I cannot reproduce this problem:
1) start with an up2date RHEL4 x86_64 system
2) Download
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/download/fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4.x86_64.opt.rpm
and install
3) run setup
The admin server starts fine - no errors - console works too.

Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?  Are there any non system paths in your
ldconfig?
Does anyone else have this problem?