Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Fedora dS Serv Admin on RHEL4

tsagnimorte elv enic fr wrote:
Yes, I installed FC3/RHEL4 x86_64.

At the end of the installation, I have just a message that said it
can't start admin-serv (and the explaination is the same with
libssl3.so and libldap60.so).

I do grep HTTPD start-admin and I have
HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd.worker
    /usr/bin/ldd $HTTPD 2>&1 | grep libldap > /dev/null 2>&1 &&
hasol=1
$HTTPD -k start -d $ADMSERV_ROOT -f $ADMSERV_ROOT/config/httpd.conf
"$@"

In ldd /usr/sbin/httpd.worker I find "libldap-2.2.so.7"

/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so and
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so are present and it's the
same for /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so

Maybe it's a problem with 64bit and the lib?
I just don't know.  I cannot reproduce this problem:
1) start with an up2date RHEL4 x86_64 system
2) Download http://directory.fedoraproject.org/download/fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4.x86_64.opt.rpm and install
3) run setup
The admin server starts fine - no errors - console works too.

Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set? Are there any non system paths in your ldconfig? Does anyone else have this problem?

tsagnimorte elv enic fr wrote:
Hi,

I have installed a FDS 1.0.4 on my RHEL4.
I'm assuming you installed the FC3/RHEL4 binary rpm?
The slpad server is good,
but I have a problem when I want to start the Admin Server.

When you ran setup, did it complete successfully with no error
messages? Check /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/logs for errors too.
Here is wath I get in return of start-admin command:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so' from
LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so'
from
LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Syntax error on line 150 of
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into
server: /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: cannot open

What would cause this issue? I don't find any info on the web.

grep HTTPD start-admin
Then, see if that executable exists - it should be
/usr/sbin/httpd.worker
Then, do ldd /usr/sbin/httpd.worker - do you see any libldap* in the
output?
do /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so and
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so exist?
Regards,

Thomas