[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Setting up second DS questions

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Tue Jan 8 22:51:39 UTC 2008

Rich,

> Fedora DS or Red Hat DS? There is no NSDS afaik.

My mistake. I started out with Netscape DS 6.3 some time ago, but I
upgraded it to FDS 7.1 a couple of years ago.

>For RHEL 5, use Fedora DS 1.0.4 for Fedora Core 6, not FC5.

Thanks, I did. The behaviour of FC6 and FC5 installs on ES5/64 were the
same, that is, the Admin portion fails quietly.

>So, when you ran setup/setup, you told it to use your existing 7.1
configuration DS?

Yes, when I install any of these packages, I give it the 7.1 DS server
information. The new server then shows up on the Admin console of the
old DS, but it's not really functional.

>That might be too much - but you should be able to administer your 7.1
system from 1.0.4.

I am hoping to Admin both from the newer console, at least to the point
of setting up MultiMaster. Then I'll have the backup DS I need to
upgrade 7.1 without down time.

>Just setup multi-master replication between the two systems.

I hope to get back to you on this soon!

Thanks,

Ken.