[Fedora-directory-users] Admin server startup errors 1.0.4-1 on RHEWS3

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Wed Jan 9 15:26:17 UTC 2008

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:30:43 -0700
From: Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Admin server startup errors
	1.0.4-1	on	RHEWS3
To: "General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
	<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>

Rich wrote:
>I wrote:
>> This is very frustrating, I have NDS 6.3 (correction: FDS 7.1) I am
heavily reliant on, and
>> very badly need a backup DS so I can do an extended service on that
>> server. Perhaps entering that server's info in the setup/setup script

>> is part of the problem?

As I suspected, THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

I just rpm -e'd fedora 1.0.4-1, rm -fr'd the /opt/fedora-ds directory,
and then reinstalled saying "No" to whether I had another DS and if
there was another DS with configuration information. The Admin server
configured and started up automatically!

So, now we know 1.0.4-1's Admin setup is strongly adverse to using my
7.1 for config.

>Is that server running?

There is no crowd at my door, so, yes. :)

I am going to re-run it again and say "No" to the first other-DS
question and "Yes" to using it as a Config server and see what happens.

Thanks,
-Ken.