[Fedora-directory-users] Setting up Multi-Master replication between 7.1 and 1.0.1-4

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Wed Jan 9 22:07:10 UTC 2008

Hello,

Thank you everyone for your patience. I was able to get 1.0.1-4 up and
running with Admin working on ES5/64 bit by simply saying "No" to one of
the questions about my 7.1 DS:

Fedora configuration directory server? [No]:

Saying "yes" to this question and entering my 7.1 DS data, causes the
config of the 1.0.1-4 Admin server to fail.

The next question, I can answer No or Yes, so I used Yes.

Do you want to use another directory to store your data? [Yes]:

So now I have a working DS with Admin, I'd like to set up Multi-Master.
Using my 7.1 DS as host 1, I tried:

/usr/local/src/mmr.pl --host1 server1.company.com --host2
server2.company.com --host1_id 1 --host2_id 2 --bindpw 'xxxx' --repmanpw
'xxxx' --create

adding to string.gdrs.com -> cn=changelog5,cn=config

adding to string.gdrs.com -> cn=repman,cn=config

adding to string.gdrs.com ->
cn=replica,cn="dc=company,dc=com",cn=mapping tree,cn=config

adding to ansb16.gdrs.com -> cn=changelog5,cn=config

adding to ansb16.gdrs.com -> cn=repman,cn=config

adding to ansb16.gdrs.com ->
cn=replica,cn="dc=company,dc=com",cn=mapping tree,cn=config

failed to add replica entry: No such object at /usr/local/src/mmr.pl
line 313, <DATA> line 339.

I tailed the error logs of both files as directed. Neither logged
anything through the failure.

I have some questions:

Am I setting the Repository Manager password, or using it? If so, what
is it? I have all my notes on the 7.1 install and don't recall that role
being set up and passworded. Is it the same, or called something else?

Also, any clues as to the failure? I have (I think) PERL::ldap
installed.

Besides that, how do I get one Admin to manage the other DS, given that
I didn't allow the script to try?

-Ken.