[Fedora-directory-users] Admin server startup errors 1.0.4-1 on RHEWS3

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 01:28:30 UTC 2008

Ken Marsh wrote:
> Rich,
>
> Thanks for all your effort.
>
> I always chose "2", some customization, for all install efforts. Should
> I be choosing 3?

If it seems to have problems if you use 2, then use 3.
> No errors were logged anywhere, on either server, only the message from
> ./setup/setup that the Admin hadn't started.

Fedora DS 1.0.4 setup error logging is just bad.  Fedora DS 1.1 is much,
much better, and it's all in perl so if you are a perl hacker you can
easily figure out what's going on.
> I also got to the point where the new server was recognized by the old
> server's admin, but when I tried to manage it, I just got an error that
> a .jar couldn't be downloaded.

What was the exact error?  You can use startconsole -D to get more
information.