[Fedora-directory-users] FDS replication client installation

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 18:23:10 UTC 2008

Jim Y Li wrote:
> Sorry for the newbie question. I've installed a master FDS server
> using setup-ds-admin.pl. I want to install a second server to act as
> secondary master (i.e. read-write also). Do I use setup-ds-admin.pl to
> install the 2nd machine? Or do I just use setup-ds.pl?

I think you can use either one - if you use setup-ds.pl, you'll have to
then use register-ds-admin.pl to set up the admin server stuff.
> Does each machine have it's own independent o=netscaperoot database,

Yes - each master has to have a read/write o=NetscapeRoot
> or do they share that too?
No.
> I would guess that you'd want all of your
> servers to share one netscape root tree.
Yes, if you don't want to have the read-write secondary master.
> Is there a document that
> talks about how to do this?

Not yet, but there will be something about this in the Red Hat DS 8.0 docs.