[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Active Directory sync Help!

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 19:48:04 UTC 2008

kiran madala wrote:
> May be i will just try to write a script to store the sync values from Fedora  Where can I find the documentation as to how the fedora performs the sync and where does it store? I mean development wise

There are a number of ways to do it, depending on what you are actually
trying to do.

If you just need to pull changes from AD, one direction only, you could
use the AD DirSync control.  This is essentially what Fedora DS uses to
pull changes from AD.  I don't know if there are any *nix clients with
built-in DirSync support, but you could create your own with Net::LDAP
and the ASN.1 creator/parser and BER codec.

There are a number of ways to get changes from Fedora DS.
1) ldapsearch ... (modifyTimestamp>=somevalue)
2) enable audit logging then parse the audit log file
3) enable the Retro changelog and search cn=changelog

These can be used with or without persistent search provided by the
mozldap ldapsearch command line tool.