[Fedora-directory-users] DS Failed to start [Solved]

Carlos Barrales Ruiz cbruiz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:26:25 UTC 2008

El 08/01/2008, a las 18:51, kiran madala escribió:

> I changed the DS URL in adm.conf file from usual ldap to ldaps and
> port 636. now when i restart my admin server this is the error i get.
>
> /usr/sbin/start-ds-admin: line 66:  3158 Segmentation fault
> $SELINUX_CMD $HTTPD $OMIT_DEFLATE -k start -f /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/
> httpd.conf "$@"
>
> What could be the issue?

We had the problem again so this time we diff our package versions and
after inspecting then, the problem seems to be originated by glibc, so:
Upgrade glibc to at least 2.5.18 last available release. In our case:
glibc-2.5-18.el5_1.1

We also upgraded selinux-policies, mozldap and mozldap-tools to .5
revision. (6.0.5)

I hope it works for you.

Regards.
--