[Fedora-directory-users] Paged Results support?

Pierangelo Masarati ando at sys-net.it
Wed Jan 16 07:38:23 UTC 2008

Masato Taruishi wrote:
>> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> Yes.  Check the documentation.  Not sure where it is documented
>>> though.  You have to configure it then use the db_index command to
>>> create the index.
>>> ? bugzilla ?
>> Sorry i thought you were referring to getting paged support added to
>> FDS, what do you mean "If the paged results control is not marked
>> critical, fedora ds will ignore it." with reference to 'nss_ldap'?
>
> nss_ldap doesn't seem to set the criticality of the paged result
> control:
>
>   rc = ldap_carete_page_control(__session.ls_conn,
>                                 __session.ls_config->ldc_pagesize,
>                                 NULL, 0, &serverCtrls[0]);
>
> which means fedora-ds just ignore the control.

I don't think any client really needs that control.  The only reason
many were forced into at least __knowing__ about it is that Active
Directory returns pagedResults response even if not requested, in
blatant violation of LDAPv3.  So both the users and the developers of
FDS can safely ignore its existence.  Only client developers need to
know about it if they want their clients to be able to interoperate with AD.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.