[Fedora-directory-users] Can't open fedora ds with ldapeditor

todd.hammer at us.atlascopco.com todd.hammer at us.atlascopco.com
Wed Jan 16 22:55:26 UTC 2008

I have fedora ds running on Redhat 5 and it works great..... as long as I
use the fedora admin tool.

I can't use any other tools to modify the ldap data.

For example, the following will not run:
ldapadd -h 12.34.56.789 -x -D "cn=manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f /tmp
/user.ldif    (modified actual IP and dn for security)

After giving the correct password, all I get is this:
ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: dc=acds,dc=com

Any ideas what I've done?  This used to work in openldap.

Thanks in advance.

Todd Hammer
Technical Support Analyst