[Fedora-directory-users] FDS config problem with GSSAPI: No such file or directory

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 17:53:39 UTC 2008

Charles Hymes wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm having a real hard time debugging this.
> I'm trying to do a new Fedora Directory Server+kerberos install , on a new
> Fedora 7 box. I can kinit, but I can't get ldapsearch or ldapwhoami to work
> locally. I thought it was a read problem with the keytab files, but I tried
> setting KRB5_KTNAME to a keytab file I knew ware readable by slapd, and that
> did not help. I also checked permissions on my certificates, and that seems
> OK too. ldapsearch -x does work, but ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI does not.
>
> I tried running strace on ldapwhoami, slapd and krb5kdc, but strace does not
> show which resource is not accessible. Actually I'm surprised that strace
> does not show any attempts to open the keytabs or anything in
> /etc/openldap/cacerts...
>
> I tried making briefly making /etc/krb5.keytab world readable, it did not
> change the "No such file" error.
> The logs I check are /var/log/messages, slapd and krb5kdc.log. The logs do
> not show the ldap client error. I DID see some SELINUX errors for
> krb5kdc_rcache and krb5.conf, but I ran restorecon and fixed those. This did
> not stop the error. I guess I'll try turning SELINUX off, and see if that
> makes any difference.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

It depends on what version of FDS you are running. I believe that the
1.1 init file include support for using /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv for
configuration.

If you are running 1.1 add this to /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv:

export KRB5_KTNAME=/path/to/fds.keytab

where fds.keytab holds the ldap/FQDN at REALM key.

If you are running 1.0 you'll need to update /etc/init.d/dirsrv and add
something like this at the top:

[ -r /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv ] && . /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv

rob