[Fedora-directory-users] Trying to build idm-console-framework from SRPMS fails on Fedora 7

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Thu Jan 24 08:31:29 UTC 2008

Rich Megginson wrote:
> Howard Wilkinson wrote:
>> Rob Crittenden wrote:

> On F-7 you will have to use a proprietary JRE (sun or ibm).  Do you
> need to build for some reason?  The console packages for F-7 are
> provided in the fedora ds yum repo -
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes#Console_only_Installation

I need to build from source as I want to be able to add some changes to
the core and the console. I have icedtea built and installed on F7 but
the console fails to build because there is a clash between an idm
supplied class and a system class.

   [javac]
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/idm-console-framework-1.1.0/src/com/netscape/management/client/preferences/FilePreferenceManager.java:49:
reference to Console is ambiguous, both class
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console in
com.netscape.management.client.console and class java.io.Console in
java.io match

IDM supplies the com.netscape.management.client.console.Console and
icedtea provides java.io.Console.

Before I go diving into the ant environment any pointers where this is
being setup and how to fix?

Howard.
--

Howard Wilkinson