[Fedora-directory-users] Certutil procedure Incorrect & not addingCertificates to CA Certs?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 23:47:03 UTC 2008

Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> Rich Megginson wrote:
>>
>>> Also
>>>
>>> The procedure creates 2 Server Certs and no CA Certs
>>>
>> No, it does create a CA cert and a Server Cert.
>>

> Yes it does create both but it is adding both the "CA certificate" &
> "Server-Cert" certificates only to the Server Certs Page Under Manage
> Certificates and nothing to the CA Certs under the same page. See
> attached images (if the mailing list allows this) which were added using
> the setupssl2.sh script but I also get the similar results when using
> the procedure above

Hmm - looks like a bug.  But at any rate, it is still a CA cert despite
what the console says, and will correctly function as a CA cert for all
TLS/SSL operations.

>>> can anyone please
>>> confirm the correct commands to add the certificates to the CA Certs
>>> rather then the Server Certs
>>>

>> "add the certificates to the CA Certs"?
>>

> Please see the attached images also I think the information for creating
> the CA certificate is missing from
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL I can only find
> instructions on adding the Server Certificate please correct me if I'm
> wrong

I'm not sure why the CA cert is showing up under Server Certs in the
console, but it is indeed a CA cert and will function as such for
TLS/SSL operations.