[Fedora-directory-users] Issue with Fedora DS Client Setup on HP???/

Ulf Weltman ulf.weltman at hp.com
Fri Jan 25 19:30:16 UTC 2008

Ajeet, sounds like your /etc/pam.conf file needs an update.

As an addendum, the configuration aside from nsswitch.conf and pam.conf
is created for you by the LDAP-UX /opt/ldapux/config/setup program,
including the profile entry in the Directory Server.  There will be
sample nsswitch.ldap and pam.ldap files in /etc to base the remaining
configuration on.

There is no /etc/ldap.conf, the LDAP-UX-specific configuration files are
in /etc/opt/ldapux.  Also, using a proxy agent is optional, for an
initial configuration you might want to try the default anonymous mode
if your ACIs allow it.

Detailed installation information can be found in the LDAP-UX Client
Services Administrator's Guide, you can find your version here:
http://docs.hp.com/en/internet.html#LDAP-UX%20Integration