[Fedora-directory-users] FDS 1.1 fail to add configuration data to FDS1.04 DS

Richard Hesse richard at powerset.com
Wed Jan 30 03:28:23 UTC 2008

I'm setting up a few v1.1 test instances in our current 1.04 environment but running into issues trying to add the configuration data to an existing 1.04 server. It appears to be trying to create the children entries before the parent:

Are you ready to set up your servers? [yes]:
Creating directory server . . .
Your new DS instance 'fds' was successfully created.
Creating the configuration directory server . . .
dn: cn=Fedora Directory Server, cn=Server Group, cn=aa0-002-6-v2.u.powerset.co
 m, ou=sv.powerset.com, o=NetscapeRoot
objectclass: nsApplication
objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectclass: top
cn: Fedora Directory Server
nsproductname: Fedora Directory Server
nsproductversion: 1.1.0
nsnickname: slapd
nsbuildnumber: 2007.355.1657
nsvendor: Fedora Project
installationtimestamp: 20080130014937Z
nsexpirationdate: 0
nsbuildsecurity: domestic
uniquemember: cn=slapd-fds, cn=Fedora Directory Server, cn=Server Group, cn=aa
 0-002-6-v2.u.powerset.com, ou=sv.powerset.com, o=NetscapeRoot
nsservermigrationclassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.task.MigrateCreate at fedo
 ra-ds-1.1.jar at cn=admin-serv-aa0-002-6-v2, cn=Fedora Administration Server, cn
 =Server Group, cn=aa0-002-6-v2.u.powerset.com, ou=sv.powerset.com, o=Netscape
 Root
nsservercreationclassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.task.MigrateCreate at fedor
 a-ds-1.1.jar at cn=admin-serv-aa0-002-6-v2, cn=Fedora Administration Server, cn=
 Server Group, cn=aa0-002-6-v2.u.powerset.com, ou=sv.powerset.com, o=NetscapeR
 oot

Error adding entry 'cn=Fedora Directory Server, cn=Server Group, cn=aa0-002-6-v2.u.powerset.com, ou=sv.powerset.com, o=NetscapeRoot'.  Error: No such object
Could not register the directory server with the configuration directory server.
Exiting . . .
Log file is '/tmp/setupR29d4F.log'

Checking the tree, the intermediate entries are not there. The script is not creating entries beneath ou=sv.powerset.com. I know that the DS is working b/c I can add new 1.04 instances to o=NetscapeRoot, and the 1.1 script is adding an ACI entry for SIE Group(fds) to o=NetscapeRoot.

Do I have to upgrade the configuration server to 1.1 first? I'd rather avoid messing with it if at all possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-richard