[Fedora-directory-users] Case Sensitive Lookup and Searching

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Jul 7 23:05:30 UTC 2008

Mike C wrote:
> I agree, my schema (and data) are terrible.

Then fix it.

> It's an artifact from openldap not being as conforming as fds.

Hmm, from the LDAPv3 standard's standpoint I strongly disagree.
Strictly speaking it's the other way round.

> My main concern is that sanitizing my repository would require
> changing usernames for a hundred odd external users, something I wish
> to avoid.

Why do you have to change the user names? You could split the data
across different subtrees and change the clients' configuration
accordingly. Or you could merge entries. Or whatever...
That's just meant as a start to think about what you can do without
changing what the end-user has to type in. Your mileage may vary...

Ciao, Michael.