[Fedora-directory-users] Creating backup LDAP server.

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 01:22:49 UTC 2008

John Oliver wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 04:18:28PM -0600, Rich Megginson wrote:
>
>> When you run setup-ds-admin.pl, and it asks you for the hostname, does
>> it have the correct hostname or the bogus one?  If you specify the
>> correct hostname at the dialog prompt, it will use the correct one
>> throughout.
>>

> I'm not sure... I can no longer run that script because...
>
> Configuration directory server
> administrator ID [admin]:
> Password:
> Password (confirm):
> Error: the server already exists at '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-unix-services2'
> Please remove it first if you really want to recreate it,
> or use a different ServerIdentifier to create another instance.
> When using Silent or Express mode, some of the
> dialogs are skipped, but validation is still performed
> on the default or given answers.  You should run this program again and
> choose Typical or Custom mode in order to provide a valid input
> for the problem dialog.
>
> Exiting . . .
>

> I've tried to remove it, but
>
> [root at unix-services2 ~]# /usr/sbin/ds_removal -s unix-services2 -w
> mypassword
>
> Error:The server '' is not reachable.  Error: unknown error

Yep.  This is a bug due to be fixed soon.  In the meantime:
service dirsrv stop unix-services2
rm -rf /etc/dirsrv/slapd-unix-services2
/var/*/dirsrv/slapd-unix-services2* /usr/lib/dirsrv/slapd-unix-services2
/usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-unix-services2
rm -rf /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv
remove all files from /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv except for httpd.conf,
admserv.conf, console.conf, and nss.conf