[Fedora-directory-users] Single master or multiple master for Active Directory Sync

Andrew C. Dingman andrew+rhlists at dingman.org
Thu Jul 17 11:13:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 07:33 +0000, ken oh wrote:
> I would like to know what's the best replica role option between
> single master and multiple master when you configure the database for
> an Active Directory sync.
>

> I've got another question : Is it possible to synchronize AD and FDS
> if AD is in native mode ?

Yes, I've done this with Red Hat Directory Server. AD in native mode
looks from the outside like a slightly quirky LDAP server with oddball
schema, paired with a slightly quirky Kerberos infrastructure. That's a
lot easier to deal with than old-style NT domains, as I understand it.

As for the replication bit, I'd set that up however makes sense for the
FDS deployment. I don't think it's going to make much difference to the
AD sync, though AD sync with one master is all you need.