[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD users

Peter Sørensen maspsr at sdu.dk
Tue Jul 29 08:42:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I now have the fedora dirserver up and running on a RHES5 server.

What i want to acomplish, is a way to have users replicated from Our
AD servers. I need this because I want to add attributes concerning
mail spam/virus management but still have the basic user attributes
from the AD.

I don't know anything about the AD and would like to keep it that way
but I need som guidance on what to tell the people maintaining the AD
on what to do.

I don't need the password sync but only want a few user attributes like
mail,proxyaddresses, cn, dn ... replicated.

This should be a one way replication AD => FDS

I have read the document concerning this but I'm still confused on what I
need to do in the AD enviroment to get this up and running.

Any other docs to read?

Regards

Peter Sorensen/University of Southern Denmark/mail: maspsr at sdu.dk