[Fedora-directory-users] password incorrect or directory problem

sigid@JINLab sigidwu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:35:51 UTC 2008

beto .. wrote:

> dirsrv running
> dirsrv-admin running
> port 389 and 9830 open
> what's the problem?
>
> beto!!!

Fyi i'm having the same problem but only on fedora 8 when using fedora 9 there is no such problem.
But currenty my box always hang up when using fedora 9 n runs normally when running fedora 8. So i'm
rolling back to use the fedora 8.
Note that on fedora 8 i already check all the ldap function should runs well because its able to be
accessed by another LDAP administration tool. But when using fedora console it said "password
incorrect or directory problem". I assumed that there is some problem on the java console. Therefore
i tried to access another server running fedora 9 with FDS 1.1 installed with the fedora 8 FDS
console. The fedora 8 FDS console could access the FDS 1.1 on fedora 9 machine normally without any
problem.
So ....the FDS and FDS console status should be fine then where are the problem?
Note that i also disabled the firewall and selinux but that didn't solved my problem.

sigidwu.blogspot.com