[Fedora-directory-users] password incorrect or directory problem

sigid@JINLab sigidwu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 05:00:22 UTC 2008

Rich Megginson wrote:
> sigid at JINLab wrote:
>> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> Open a web browser on the same machine (the same machine from which
>>> you are attempting to run the console) and try to go to url
>>> http://jstsvr3:7749/admin-serv/authenticate
>>
>> i tried to access using firefox and no time out message but i'm
>> waiting forever because no login form appears.
> Do you see a connection attempt in the admin server access log?  Could
> this be a DNS or firewall issue?

There is no changes on access log (using tail -f /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-jstsvr3/access)
To make sure that there is no problem with DNS and firewall, this what i do:
1. querying ldap database using command "ldapsearch -x -h jstsvr3" both from local (jstsvr3) and
remote host.
==> result is OK (viewing responses and entries)

2. accessing web page using firefox executed on local (jstsvr3) and remote host.
==> result is OK (viewing testpage)

Is there anything i can do for testing?