[Fedora-directory-users] Re: fds + kerberos

Scott Grizzard scott at scottgrizzard.com
Fri Jun 13 18:48:50 UTC 2008

With Heimdal and OpenLDAP, you can use the smbk5pwd overlay (it's in the
contrib directory) to sync heimdal keys, openldap passwords (it actually
points the openldap password to the heimdal key), and sambaLA and
sambaNT hashes.  Then, if you configure your client services to change
passwords using ldappasswd, you can avoid the long chain of custom
scripts to keep everything in sync.

If there is something similar for MIT Kerberos and FDS, I would be sold
in microsecond.

Doesn't Samba 4 make this problem moot though?

- Scott