[Fedora-directory-users] Simple Bind only in secured channel

Dael Maselli Dael.Maselli at lnf.infn.it
Sun Jun 15 10:50:46 UTC 2008

I'm going to explain it better.

I don't' want a user enter his credential in an unsecured channel.
First I thought to close 389 and allow only 636, but ldaps is now
deprecated and so I need to allow also 389, but if the user do simple
bind before STARTTLS then credentials will be exposed.

I want something like Sendmail does: no clear text auth is allowed
unless the connection is SSL or STARTTLS based.

I hope it is clear now.

Thank you so much.

Dael.