[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP Load Tools

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 15:08:20 UTC 2008

I see there is much work on the LDAP schema side to support PKE and
such tools. However I rarely find documents about how it is
incorporated into a Linux sign on system namely SSH. Can anyone point
towards good documentation ?

I find information on:
Roumen Petrov's OpenSSH X.509 patch
http://roumenpetrov.info/openssh/
The information seems a little bit vague.

Is there a document that shows how to:
1) setup a PKI infrastructure in LDAP.
2) Generate a CA and store it in LDAP
3) Generate client certificates and store them in LDAP
4) Compile and patch ssh server
5) Setup and configure ssh server

I was able to get openssh-lpk up and running quickly. However stores
public keys in LDAP. It is not a complete PKI . With revocation lists
etc.

Since PKI is being used in wide range large scale deployments there
should be some strong documentation on it? PKI + SSH + LDAP?