[Fedora-directory-users] newbie question - roles AND groups?

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 15:25:34 UTC 2008

 If you take a look at openldap it has dyamic 'overlays' .
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/overlays.html#Dynamic%20Lists.

The main jist of it is that an LDAP Query can be saved in an object.
This is similar in my mind to an SQL View.

So nss_ldap would referece a dynamic_overlay like object and that
would re-search for the actual content to be returned to the user
Having the object work in this read-only sense would make it less
complicated then
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/MemberOf_Plugin and still fit
the need nicely.
It would me more generic then memberOf and I can see a lot of uses for
it. Maybe another such plug in exists that I am not aware of.