[Fedora-directory-users] trouble installing samba

Maurizio Marini maumar at cost.it
Tue Mar 11 09:05:52 UTC 2008

On Wed March 5 2008, solarflow99 wrote:
> Does anyone have samba working with FDS?
>
> I can add a sambasamaccount objectclass, but it looks like there are
> missing attributes from advanced properties.  From the schema config, I see
> the required attributes are only: objectclass, sambasid, uid.  Other
> important attributes such as sambaLMpassword, sambadomain, are only listed
> as allowed attributes.  I don't know if I have to add them manually, how
> many are required, or how to generate the encrypted password.  If anyone
> has any ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Hi
i finally got samba working with fds 1.1; what was missing was /etc/ldap.conf configuration.
This url can be very helpful:
http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=UNIX_and_Windows_Accounts_in_Zimbra_LDAP_and_Zimbra_Admin_UI

the "Configuring on RHEL5/CentOS5/Fedora7 using authconfig"
help me.
Firstly:
authconfig --enableldap --enableldapauth --disablenis --enablecache \
           --ldapserver=gregzimbra1.zimbra.com --ldapbasedn=dc=gregzimbra1,dc=zimbra,dc=com \
           --updateall

further:
"
The last parameter will update /etc/ldap.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/pam.d/system-auth configuration files. The only file which requires manual editing is /etc/ldap.conf.
The base line should be already there. It is inserted by authconfig. You should also see a uri line with the address of your ldap server. The host, binddn, bindpw, rootbinddn lines
should be added as explained above and /etc/ldap.secret file should exist and contain a password."

after these 2 stepes, i was able to add administrator samba account.
Thns, i installed smbldap an di run smbldap-populate
populate is very very powerful, it does and fixes everything, at all.
After populate veriything is workung like a charm :)

	m.

--
Dr. Maurizio Marini
CoST Computers Services and Technologies s.r.l.
e-mail: maurizio.marini at cost.it
phone:  +39.0245446202 fax: +39.0245446333
mobile: +39.3358259739