[Fedora-directory-users] FDS: Error in encoding and attribute deletion

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu May 1 20:19:58 UTC 2008

Kevin Graham wrote:

> The problem we're having is when we try to correct the entry using any
> client.

It's simply valid LDIF like Noriko already told you. A double colon
after attribute type name indicates that you have to base64-decode the
attribute value. If you want to process LDIF then use a decent LDIF
parser. This has not necessarily to do with the attribute values. It
would also be valid data encoded in valid LDIF if all attributes are
base64-encoded in lines attrType:: attrValue.

> It's a uniqueMember attribute so it's supposed to be ascii.

No, it's not supposed to be ASCII at least since it contains DNs which
can be UTF-8. Maybe in your case it's supposed to be ASCII but not in
general.

Ciao, Michael.