[Fedora-directory-users] How to control the BIND operation using ACI

Andrey Ivanov andrey.ivanov at polytechnique.fr
Fri May 9 10:15:47 UTC 2008

Anyway it is better to make the "allow" ACIs, not "deny" ACIs.

As for your problem, here is what the ACIs should look like (supposing
that your groups are cn=INTERNET,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com and
cn=EMAIL,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com, ip adresses of your squid server
are 192.168.0.66 and 172.16.191.66, adresses of your email servers
192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101)

Delete all the default ACIs (for anonymous/authentified users) and
choose the attributes that you want to expose (attr1,  attr2...)

For INTERNET group :
aci: (targetattr = "attr1 || attr2")(version 3.0; acl "Enable
attributes to read for a certain ip adresses and to authentified
users";allow (read,search,compare)(((ip="192.168.0.66") or
(ip="172.16.191.66")) and (groupdn =
"ldap:///cn=INTERNET,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com"));)

For EMAIL group :
aci: (targetattr = "attr1 || attr2")(version 3.0; acl "Enable
attributes to read for a certain ip adresses and to authentified
users";allow (read,search,compare)(((ip="192.168.1.100") or
(ip="192.168.1.101")) and (groupdn =
"ldap:///cn=EMAIL,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com"));)