[Fedora-directory-users] FDS - AD: sync deactivated status

Sören Malchow Soeren.Malchow at interone.de
Sun May 11 20:37:40 UTC 2008

Hi Rich,

first, thanks for the answer.

The attribute in the active directory that controls whether the user is
active or not is "userAccountControl" the value for active accounts is
"512" and for deactivated accounts it is "514" ( both decimal ).

There are several more possible values, those can be found here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305144

I think there are some more interesting values for synchronization, e.g.

- PASSWORD_EXPIRED
- LOCKOUT

if there is a way to synch this values somehow it would be great.

Regards
Soeren

Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
Sent by: fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com
09.05.2008 17:34
Please respond to
"General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>

"General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Fedora-directory-users] FDS - AD: sync deactivated status

Sören Malchow wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i have a FDS with synchronization to an AD up and running, everything
> including password sync is fine, the only attribute that is needed and
> not synching is whether the user is deactivated or not.
>
> I can deactive users seperately in FDS or AD but it does not sync,
> after alot of research i could not find a solution for that, can
> someone please point me the way ?
That is not currently supported.  What is the AD attribute that tells
whether a user is active or not?