[Fedora-directory-users] console breaks after installing libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap

Sanga M. Collins sanga.c at it-mgt.com
Tue May 20 13:49:04 UTC 2008

I have successfully installed Fedora ds 1.0.4 on Ubuntu 8.04. I run into
some issues when configuring Pam and Nss for the samba portion. On my
first test server I was able to complete the setup without an y major
problems. On all subsequent servers. I install FDS and successfully
start the console and add one posix user.

I then begin installing Pam and Libnss by using the auth-client-config
to automatically configure the files in /etc/pam.d/ as well as the
nssswith.conf. after I do this, I can no longer log in to the console,
and the error logs get filled with the following error.

[Mon May 19 00:43:26 2008] [notice] child pid 10675 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Sanga M. Collins

Network Engineering

IT Management LLC