[Fedora-directory-users] Errors when a full re-sync is initiated in Windows Sync. Could temp. changes in binding-user rights be the cause?

Erling Ringen Elvsrud erlingre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 07:21:24 UTC 2008

When right clicking on the win-sync agreement and selecting initiate
full re-synchronization I get these errors in
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-xyz/errors:

"[10/Nov/2008:08:05:52 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - changelog
program - libdb: txn_checkpoint: failed to flush the buffer cache No
such file or directory

[10/Nov/2008:08:05:53 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - changelog program
- libdb: 26fdcb82-912411dd-8d71b7a1-43daa7e9_48e5d6030000ffff0000.db4:
unable to flush: No such file or directory

[10/Nov/2008:08:05:53 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - changelog program
- libdb: txn_checkpoint: failed to flush the buffer cache No such file
or directory

[10/Nov/2008:08:05:53 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - changelog program
- libdb: 26fdcb82-912411dd-8d71b7a1-43daa7e9_48e5d6030000ffff0000.db4:
unable to flush: No such file or directory

[10/Nov/2008:08:05:53 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - changelog program
- libdb: txn_checkpoint: failed to flush the buffer cache No such file
or directory"

A dialog box also appears with the following text:

"An error occured during the consumer initialization
The error received by the replica is '12 Total update aborted:
Replication agreement for agmnt=xyz can not be updated while the
replica is disabled
(if the suffix is disabled you must enable it then restart the server
for replication to take place).'.
To check the initialization status, go to the 'status' tab and click
on 'Replication status' in the left pane. The status of the
initialization appears in the right pane."

Before the problems occured we temporarily disabled "domain admins"
rights for the user WIndows Sync uses to bind to AD. While the
binding-user only had read acess for the suffix we wanted to sync with
we started a full re-sync (with the errors above). The dirsrv was also
restarted.
We have re-enabled "domain admins" rights for the binding-user but the
errors still appear. The directory server is searchable and seems to
work exept for syncing.

Could it be that the temporary changes in rights for the binding-user
could have caused this?

Also, is it absolutely needed to have domain admin rights for the
binding-user RHDS uses to connect to AD?  We do not want to write any
changes  back to AD and those attributes synced with Windows sync will
not be changed anyway.

Thanks,

Erling