[Fedora-directory-users] Unable to access server group

Matt Adams matt.adams at cypressinteractive.com
Sat Nov 15 18:09:24 UTC 2008

Folks:

We recently changed the name of our LDAP server.  We had a domain name
change so ldaphost.subdomain.example.org effectively became
ldaphost.new.subdomain.example.org).

I changed every instance of subdomain.example.org throughout the Fedora
DS configuration files and LDAP tree under o=NetscapeRoot.  Everything
appears to run okay: the directory server and admin server start up,
answer queries and none of the integrated applications have had any
trouble with this change.

The only problem seems to be that I cannot access either the admin
server or directory server through the Fedora management console.  The
"Server Group" entry under our administrative domain & host is empty
(e.g., Administrative Server & Directory Server refuse to show up like
they used to).

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here?  I cannot find
any errors that stand out in the logs.

FWIW, we are running 1.0.4.

Thanks in advance,

Matt