[Fedora-directory-users] synchronize fedora with Lotus Dominoand MS Active directory

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Nov 20 15:01:24 UTC 2008

Hugo Hendriks wrote:
> This user then needs to be synchronized to
> the Fedora server and then synchronized to the Domino(Notus)
> server....and vice versa.

Whatever "synchronized to the Domino(Notus) server" means.

> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Depends on what you want on Domino (Notes). It's fairly easy to add
>> person entries to the Notes address book via Domino/LDAP (needs some
>> Domino server configuration tweaks) but these cannot be turned into real
>> Notes users with ID and mailbox files. If you want to create real Notes
>> users you have to add entries in the certreq database.

Adding a fully usable notes user account usually requires going through
a process for generating the user's Notes ID file and a mailbox
database. This is not as simple as adding a AD or FDS account via LDAP.
Adding a simple person entry to be listed in the Notes address book is
simple though. But I guess you want to have full Notes user accounts.

That's off-topic here though.

Ciao, Michael.