[Fedora-directory-users] Question about upgrading

Ryan Manikowski ryan.manikowski at 2ergo.com
Fri Nov 21 18:53:16 UTC 2008

Long time fedora-ds user here with a few questions about upgrading and
hoping knowledgeable folks can provide some feedback.

I am currently running Fedora DS on Centos 4.7 and Centos 5 servers. All
servers run v1.0.1.

1) Can the Centos 4 machines running v1.0.1 upgrade to the latest v1.1.3
without any problems?
2) Is v1.1.3 even supported on Centos 4? Are there rpm's for it?
3) When upgrading Fedora DS versions, must they all be upgraded
simultaneously?
4) Say one server is running v1.0.1 and another server is running 1.1.3,
can data be replicated from a v1.0.1 server to a v1.1.3 server? How
about vice-a-versa?

3 of our 4 Fedora DS servers can be upgraded to run Centos 5 w/ Fedora
DS v1.1.3 but we'd like to keep one server running Centos 4.7 for the
time being due to legacy software requirements.

--

Ryan Manikowski

System Administrator
2ergo Americas Inc.

:703.677.8499:
www.2ergo.com
Arlington, Virginia

This message (including attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. The content and views expressed are those of the sender and not necessarily the 2ergo Group. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy or use any part of it.  Please delete all copies immediately and notify the sender. 2ergo Americas Inc. was formerly known as Proteus Inc.